CMS Global and the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) today announced they will host the Global Quality Summit (GQS) on Nov. 15, in Orlando, Florida. The GQS will take place in conjunction with OLC Accelerate 2017, OLCs annual international conference on digital learning and teaching. The Summits one-day program will focus on advancing growth of global online education and will feature high-level representatives from global top 100 schools.
With a dedicated focus on advancing growth of global online education, the GQS will provide opportunities to learn, discuss and share best practices in online and digital learning. Additionally, US Universities and educational leaders will learn more about elevating their brands overseas and growing enrollment with international students.
The GQS is another critical component of CMS Global’s efforts to promote the US-Sino Online Higher Education (USOHE) Consortium. This consortium is focused on promoting scalable cross border mutual credit recognition, opening access to quality education and establishing high quality standards for global online learning.
Chinese enrollment has grown fivefold from over 62K students a decade ago, to over 320K students in 2015/2016 according to the Institute of International Education, marking a huge increase in the importance of international students for US Universities.
GQS Program and Participants
The GQS will include high level representatives from global top 100 schools including, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China), National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan), Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong), and Shenzhen University (China). Attendees will also hear from the President of the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE).
The summit will kick off with a panel of speakers discussing digital learning and how it is addressed in their region of the world. The program includes speakers from top universities and organizations throughout Greater China who will share their perspectives and experiences related to online and digital learning, including:
· Mr. Yao Kai, Vice Secretary General of China UOOC, a 110 universities alliance founded by Shenzhen University. The UOOC was founded with a mission to elevate teaching quality, form course sharing mechanisms, provide mutual credit recognition, and to improve student employment readiness. UOOC Online is certified by the MOE as one of the 4 largest online education platforms and serves as the online learning platform for more than 300 universities and supports cumulatively over 1 million students.
· Prof. Wei-I Lee, the first advocator of OpenCourseWare (OCW) movement in Taiwan. Under his management in 2013 National Chiao Tung University launched the first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform “ewnat” in Taiwan. As of August 2017, the “ewant” platform has collaborated with more than 86 universities and offered more than 500 online courses.
· Dr. Hanqin Qiu, a professor from Hong Kong Polytechnic University, who has published more than 80 referenced journal articles in leading hospitality and tourism journals and is the Chairwoman of the learning and teaching committee at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management in which she is leading the development of HKPolyUx MicroMasters Credential in International Hospitality Management.
· Dr. Sun Wei, Founder and CEO of HTC’s VIVEDU, which has launched the world’s very first VR education solution – allowing 30 students to simultaneously use VIVE for VR learning in an innovative classroom setting. Dr. Sun is also the founder, Professor and former Dean of the School of Software at Beihang University, China’s “Caltech” that recruits the top 0.1% of students from the National College Entrance Examination.
· Mr. Charlie Nguyen, CEO & Founder of CMS Global, will introduce CMS Global and discuss the opportunities academic leaders around the world can tap into for increasing global brand presence and growing international enrollment in a scalable manner.
CMS Global and OLC invite global universities and academic leaders to attend the summit to network with leaders from the global top 100, learn about the necessities that tie online curriculum with global growth, and discover actionable steps for advancing efforts overseas. Attendees will learn about the opportunity to join the USOHE in order to work towards joint objectives tied to global online learning.
The Global Quality Summit will be held in Orlando Florida at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on Nov. 15. Contact Charlie Nguyen at Charlie.email@example.com or visit here to attend.
About CMS Global
CMS Global Inc. educates and connects the world as a trusted global hub for higher education. With decades of experience pioneering online learning, CMS Global is uniquely positioned to help academic leaders around the world capture opportunities through customized solutions both domestically and internationally. Our expertise in online international higher education expands affordable access to US institutions for Chinese and Vietnamese learners in a scalable manner. To learn more, please visit cmsglobal.us.
About OLC and OLC Accelerate
The Online Learning Consortium is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing quality online learning by providing professional development instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world. OLC Accelerate 2017 is all about accelerating online learning worldwide. It is the premier global gathering covering the fastest growing sector in education today – digital learning and teaching. This 2017 conference will be the ultimate event to network with and learn from thousands of e-Learning peers. Learn more here.